Monday, January 26, 2015

3 Day Refresh Results

Happy Monday Everyone! How is everyone doing? I hear there is some CRAZY weather in the works. Hope if you're in that area that you're prepared! We live in the U.P. where the weather seems to change hourly. Not uncommon for us. Definitely something we had to get used to this past year! I'm hoping that the extreme weather doesn't come back too quickly. But the good thing about having cold weather, is we get to have lots of crock pot meals and chili to keep us warm. This week I'll be making some Turkey Chili as well as a new recipe I just found, Apple Pork Loin! I've made the chili before and it's definitely become one of our favorites. I actually got the recipe from a friend of mine and I absolutely love it, so does the rest of the family which is a huge plus! The pork loin I haven't made before so I'll have to share if it's a success or not.

Last Tuesday I started my 3 Day Refresh. I thought I would share with you how my 3 days went! I was super excited for the before and after picture. I wasn't sure how I'd do, but for only 3 days, it was really doable. I really enjoyed the dinners, especially the day 3 recipe that I made. So let me break it down. First I made my meal plan for the week. Life with 2 kids and a husband in the Army, our meals tend to change last minute. But for the most part during the day, they stay pretty accurate.

On Sunday night I wrote down on my whiteboard in our kitchen the schedule of the Refresh. That way I could check it off as I went through the day. I did have to change the times a few places, but I did keep up with the waiting an hour after certain shakes and snacks. I got a big jug of filtered water that I could put right there in front of me all the time. This worked out great!

Day 1 - Every day it states how important it is to start with at least 8 ounces of water to get your day started. I've actually decided to add this into my daily life and not just for the 3 days! We all need water in our system so this makes perfect sense. Get up, drink a glass of water, and start your day!

After my first cup of water, then it was time for my favorite part. My Shakeology! You get to add in a fruit serving so I chose to do Chocolate Banana the first morning. Yummy!

Instead of a regular snack between breakfast and lunch like I usually would do, I drank the Fiber Sweep mix with water. Not going to lie, that one was a bit rough to drink. But the 2nd day I made sure to add nice cold water and down it. It does forewarn you that it can get chunky if you just sip it, so if you decide to do it, I suggest just chug it. It's only mixed with 1 cup so it's not a lot. I thought it had a taste of orange, others think lemon. It's different for each person. But overall, not too bad.

Lunch time was a Vanilla Fresh shake (fruit added or eaten a la carte). I decided to mix cantaloupe in which was actually pretty tasty. I also had cucumber and hummus to go along with the shake. I was pretty darn full! Vanilla Fresh was filling by itself, but then the cucumber and hummus filled me up perfectly. I still had a snack to go before dinner!


Snack time I had tomato with avocado. Honestly, that's one of my favorite snacks any time, so this was a breeze. What's great about the Refresh is you also get to add all of these "Free" additions. I chose to add some lime juice, Himalayan sea salt, and some cayenne pepper. Couldn't be any easier and delicious!

 For dinner you get to have another Vanilla Fresh shake (with no fruit, but you can add any of the free additions) and then I chose to try the Coconut Steamed Veggies with the Vegetable Broth on the side. I didn't think I would be full but wow, I was wrong! The veggies came out really good, not my top favorite but adding in a few different seasonings made a big difference.

Throughout the day you can have some herbal tea with stevia, I opted for that since it cut any other cravings I may have had that first day.

Day 2- Same idea, water in the morning, Shakeology for breakfast. I tried Chocolate Shakeology with Strawberries. Definitely making that again! Talk about chocolate covered strawberries, and having it for breakfast? Yes please!

Next up was Fiber Sweep for mid-morning. Then for lunch, Vanilla Fresh mixed with Strawberries because apparently, that's what really sounded good that day. :) Along with the Vanilla Fresh I had celery with almond butter. If you haven't tried almond butter, it's good! I'm kind of curious to try and make almond butter myself at home. If anyone has done that, please let me know how it turned out for you!

For my afternoon snack I had cucumber and hummus again. Honestly, I had never tried that combo before. I'm pretty sure it's a new favorite of mine. Especially if you let the cucumbers soak in some lemon juice and seasonings, then dip them with the hummus. Mmmm good. Next up was dinner with my vanilla fresh. I added cinnamon to my vanilla fresh, but it tastes good by itself. Really, it reminded me of Vanilla Shakeology but I love cinnamon so I liked adding a little extra to it. For dinner I chose the Spinach Salad which I didn't think would be big enough, but I was proven wrong again! I wasn't even able to drink all the broth since I got full. I love a nice colorful salad. Don't you?  
                                     

Day 3 - I made it to my last day! Woo hoo! I'll be honest. I was looking forward to having some chicken for dinner the next night. I was definitely tempted to have some of my kid's pasta the night before. But I held out! I had experienced some gas and bloating, which made me wonder what my results would be like, but in the booklet it does indicate the foods that will be less gassy. It's part of the process so it's not uncommon to happen. I did up my water intake to make sure it helped. Which it did help, luckily!

I drank my water first thing, then my Shakeology (chocolate with banana) for breakfast, then onto my very last Fiber Sweep!

Next up was lunch, tomatoes with avocado and my Vanilla Fresh, which I decided to add blueberries to. Yet again, something I definitely plan to repeat with my Vanilla Shakeology. I've also added blueberries to the chocolate flavor and it's just as good. Plus, blueberries are a great healthy fruit!          
                                        

Final part of the day! Afternoon snack was celery with almond butter. Dinner I had my very last vanilla fresh with cinnamon, and I made a veggie stir fry with the vegetable broth as well. The veggie stir fry was GOOD! I'm talking, I'll be adding it as a side to our meals, kind of good. It may not look like much, and really there isn't anything hard about it. It was one pan, quick and easy, but still tasty and filling. Carrots, green beans, garlic, sea salt, red peppers, and a few seasonings here and there. Simple yet delicious. Along with the vanilla fresh and the broth, there is no going hungry here.

Everyone has different results with this program. Some have a crazy amount of weight loss (and inches lost). Some people have a harder time with the minimal diet. It is a big calorie cut (only about 900 calories, give or take, for each day). However, it is only 3 days. They do suggest you stay away from coffee while you're doing the Refresh (since it is dehydrating) but some people get caffeine headaches and need it. That's okay, people still get results as long as you're drinking enough water. No matter, what program you do, water is key. It flushes the system of toxins and keeps you healthier. You should always aim for half your weight in ounces each day. May seem like a lot, but get a handy dandy water bottle or to go cup that holds a good amount, and just keep refilling each day! It makes a world of difference. 

Okay, so for MY results. I was very hesitant to share my results, but I really am proud of the outcome. I didn't have one of those jaw dropping amount of weight loss, but I think the picture speaks for itself with how much better I felt. I didn't feel any bloating after the 3 days, I truly did feel "refreshed" and I didn't feel starved. No major cravings. Even that night after the 3 days, I ended up having a salad! Go figure. I still have a ways to go with my goal weight, but this was the push I needed in the right direction! You can definitely see a difference in my tummy between the two pictures. Definitely pleased with what my results ended up being. 

                  
           

The key is to keep eating healthy. Naturally, weight will fluctuate with how much water I drink, what types of food I eat, and for women, what time of the month it is! I honestly love the 21 Day Fix plan and that's what I base my meal plan off of. I'm constantly trying to add new meals and recipes to try. I currently have a Clean Eating group going on so if that sounds like something you'd be interested in, feel free to fill out the challenge group form at the bottom of this post. If you're interested in any upcoming 21 Day Fix groups, or a 30 Day Challenge group, we can work with that too! I hope my results helped you with a decision on whether or not to try the 3 Day Refresh. Any questions you may have, shoot them my way!

Fill out my online form.
Use Wufoo templates to make your own HTML forms.

No comments:

Post a Comment