Thursday, January 8, 2015

Who wants to try some new recipes?

Good Morning! 

As I'm sitting at the computer trying to figure out how to improve this blog thingy, that apparently is a little harder than it looks, I'm also trying to get my meal plan figured out. I'm currently using the 21 Day Fix plan to get the next couple weeks planned out, or at least for the most part figured out. Since my husband doesn't need to worry about losing weight, I still want to make sure all our meals are family friendly, but mainly dinner time! So I've entered the world of Pinterest to search out as many recipes as I can, that will also keep everyone happy and full. Yesterday I decided to try making Spaghetti Squash with sauce and meatballs in the crockpot. I'd never made that type of squash before, so I was a bit worried if we'd like it. The kids actually liked it! I was so happy! Even better, the husband said he'd eat it again. That's good enough for me! I'll be getting another squash to bake this time, and even better, find more recipes to incorporate into. 

I'll be making another post sharing some of the recipes I come up with, along with my meal plan. I'm so glad I tried out the 21 Day Fix because it really has helped me so much with portion control. The containers that come with it (pictured below) are bigger than they look. Not necessarily in size, but the amount of food you can put in them is way more than expected! Which is great because as long as it fits, you can have it all! I also labeled my containers once I figured out how much of each I'd get every day. Really helps me with it but everyone has their own system of what works for them. 



While I was browsing Facebook for...who knows for what (don't deny it, we all are on there every day checking things out :) ) I saw that Rachel Ray had posted a link for some recipes. The title is 11 Healthy Recipes for the New Year! So I decided to check it out and see what I could find. They all sound so yummy and a few of them have the spaghetti squash that I'm wanting to try in more recipes! I thought I'd share it with you guys in case one of the recipes sounds good for dinner! All you have to do is click on the link and it will take you right to the recipes.

If you think the 21 Day Fix is something you'd like to try, please let me know! I'd love to chat with you about some groups we have going on to help you meet your goals. The link is posted at the top if you'd like to see what's included. Plus, this month only, you can get the 21 Day Fix for just $10 when you purchase it with a Challenge Pack! Make sure to add me as your coach (coach ID # 504231) so I can add you to our groups and help you with your new adventure! 

Hope everyone is staying warm with this lovely cold front coming through. I know my crockpot will be getting some good use this week with soups, chilis, and even some chicken and dumplings! It's almost the weekend so I think I'll make some meals ahead of time so we can just enjoy some activities inside!

No comments:

Post a Comment